No, not Notre Dame cathedral, but my mobile phone.
Normally, it rests peacefully next to my bed, functioning as a night-clock and a wake-up alarm, while sucking some electrons out of a USB wall-charger. But last night was anything but peaceful. Why? AirBnB.
Yesterday evening, I requested bookings at the eleven BnB's we wanted to stay at. And during the night, booking confirmations, reservation receipts, and messages from the various BnB hosts poured in. Twenty-One messages since 10 PM last night. And I am not the sort of person who can hear the notification and not check to see what it is. (Someone might be sick!)
As a result neither I nor Budweiser got any sleep last night! (Excuse for a photo of Buddy...)
The up-side is that we have all of our BnB bookings confirmed, except for the one night in the middle of Wales on our way south. (Hurry up and confirm, Rupert!)
I've never used AirBnB before, but apart from the horrible verification procedure (see earlier post) it seems to be working out swimmingly well. The hosts seem to be very pleasant, and the photos show even the most humble offering to be more than adequate to our needs. If the experience turns out as well as people have told me to expect, I will be very pleased.
Now to make some other bookings (and decimate my credit card even further).

AirBNB is awesome, look forward to seeing pics and reading reviews on each of your stays!
ReplyDelete