Sunday, June 25, 2017

Have Laptop, Will Travel

well, my new laptop, an Alpha Litebook, has arrived. Here it is in all it's magenta glory:


It is a low-cost machine, with a quad-core Celeron chip at 1.6 GHz, and 4 GBytes of RAM. It carries a 500 GByte hard drive.  Not a barn-burner, but it should be suitable for use while travelling. I've spent a day or so getting Slackware Linux installed, and set up to my satisfaction. More tweaking will follow, but this blog-post should prove that I can take photos on the run, and post them to the blog via the WiFi hot-spot on my phone. Another photo of the business end:


I can't really tell how well these photos came out because of the glare in this environment. But I'll check later from home and judge then.

It's name is "Shelob" because it will spend most of it's time on the web...



No comments:

Post a Comment